November 4th, 2023
Start & Finish: Betty Steflik Park: 815 Moody Lane, Flagler Beach
Registration Fees 6 person teams (can run with less than 6):
• Early registration: Until June 30th: $390 ($65/runner)
• Regular registration: July 1st-September 20th: $390 ($65/runner)
• Late registration: September 21st-October 22nd: $450 ($65/runner)
(as of 9.12 prices reduced and regular registration extended! no late reg fees!)
Registration Fees 2 person teams (Ultra team):
• Early registration: Until June 30th $130 ($65/runner)
• Regular registration: July 1st-September 20th: $130 ($65/runner)
• Late registration: September 21st-October 22nd: $150 (65/runner)
• Ultra teams are self-supported. Exchange points will not provide food, drinks, medical or supplies. Runners must plan ahead.
• Male – If everyone on your team is male OR if you have less than half women. (i.e. 4 men, 2 women).
• Female – If everyone on your team is female
• Coed – If your team has at least half women but not all women (i.e. 3 men, 3 women OR 4 women, 2 men, 5 women, 1 man).
• Ultra – 2 person team-Men's, Women's, Coed
Each team must have a designated team captain. The team captain must first register and pay the entire team registration.
The team captain will then invite team members to register. Standard teams are required to have a minimum of 3 team members but may have as many as 6. Ultra teams will have 2 runners, plus a designated driver.
Click HERE for the race guide.
Pace calculator HERE
Teams must use the pace calculator and compare arrival times to the holding times document listed at the bottom of the start time document. Contact RD if there are any concerns. email@example.com
• Shirts to all runners
• Finisher medals to all finishers
• After party with food and drinks (free beer from Swamp Head Brewery!)
• Professional Timing
• Complimentary chiropractic adjustments, stretching and taping at
exchange 5/7 & at the finish line provided by Palmer Chiropractic
Massage at finish line Daytona School of Massage
• Awards ceremony
• Free Captain's Gift
• Top 3 men's, women's and co-ed regular teams
• Top 3 men's, women's and co-ed ultra teams
• Most creative team vehicle
• Best team costumes
Bring non-perishable food items to the start line! Pop-top or another easy open containers (no can opener cans please). See example on Facebook Group Page.
New start and finish for 2023!
Betty Steflik Park: 815 Moody Lane, Flagler Beach
Leg maps and distances subject to change.
Click on exchange point links below to get directions.
2023 tech tanks for all runners
Event Description: A 50 mile running relay winding through scenic trails, along the ocean on A1A, over bridges….all with 5 of your best running buddies. Finish it off with a beachside celebration with food and drinks.
How does a relay race work? Create your team of 2-6 runners, assign each runner to what legs they will be running (each person runs twice), pile in a van/truck/wherever you can fit and start running. One person from each team runs at a time, the rest of you hang out in the team vehicle cheering them on, giving them water and getting to know each other real well. Then comes the hand off to the next runner. Repeat cheering, support, good times. Keep up this relay style running for 50 miles until your adventure concludes at the finish line party. Collect your hard earned hardware, have a drink, eat some food.
Start times will be assigned to teams based on average team pace.
NEW 1/2 option!
25(ish) miles with teams of 3
click here for more info
2023 finisher batons
What an awesome event! I've done countless relays, many Vermont city marathon relays, lake winnepesaukee relay, reach the beach.... Oceans 50 is #1 in course, organization, medals!!, directions. Just super and so much fun!! Thank you thank you.
This was my third Oceans50 and it was, for sure, a charm. Beginning with my first relay I've been telling folks this was my favorite race. When we needed two more teammates at the last minute this year I recruited the ladies by telling them this was the most fun race I run each year. They both now agree, too.
Please pass on my gratitude to all the staff and volunteers! I'm already brainstorming for next year's name and costumes because I'll be there! 😁
If any person on your team lives within Flagler County, your team will be required to provide one volunteer for the race. Sign up your volunteer online by October 27th. You also have the option to pay $50 and we'll provide a volunteer for you from our charity. If no one on your team lives in Flagler County you are exempt from providing a volunteer. Volunteers will be stationed at the start line, finish line and exchange points. Must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer (or with someone 18 years old or older). Assignments are first come first serve.
Please note! Volunteer shift times may change slightly after team start times are assigned.
Our Charity Partner: The Sheltering Tree (click for more information)
CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Race registration fees are non-refundable. In the past if someone contacted me with enough notice I have been able to defer registration fees to the next year.
Any questions? Email me and we'll sort through it. firstname.lastname@example.org