Nov 7th, 2020
Event Description: A 50 mile running relay winding through scenic trails, along the ocean on A1A, over bridges….all with 5 of your best running buddies. Finish it off with a beachside celebration with food and drinks.
How does a relay race work? Create your team of 3-6 runners, assign each runner to what legs they will be running (each person runs twice), pile in a van/truck/wherever you can fit and start running. One person from each team runs at a time, the rest of you hang out in the van cheering them on, giving them water and getting to know each other real well. Then comes the hand off to the next runner. Repeat cheering, support, good times. Keep up this relay style running for 50 miles until your adventure concludes at the finish line party. Collect your hard earned hardware, have a drink, eat some food.
Start times will be assigned to teams based on average team pace. Teams must have all runners added to their team page online before their start time can be assigned.
Start & Finish: Mala Compra Beach Park: 115 Mala Compra Rd, Palm Coast, FL 32137
Registration Fees 6 person teams (can run with less than 6):
• Early registration: Until July 31st: $360 ($60/runner)
• Regular registration: July 1st-September 15th: $420 ($70/runner)
• Late registration: September 16th-October 26th: $480 ($80/runner)
Registration Fees 2 person teams (Ultra team):
• Early registration: Until July 31st $150 ($75/runner)
• Regular registration: August 1st-September 15th: $170 ($85/runner) EXTENDED until 10/26
• Late registration: September 16th-October 26th: $190 ($95/runner) (NO LATE REG FEES)
• Ultra teams are self-supported. Exchange points will not provide food, drinks, medical or supplies. Runners must plan ahead.
**NOTE FOR 2020: The course is subject to change! The permitting process this year is delayed and uncertain. Lacking permits in specific municipalities may cause us to change the route. We cannot issue refunds due to course changes, please only sign up if you are ok with a possible route change.
• Male – If everyone on your team is male OR if you have less than half women. (i.e. 4 men, 2 women).
• Female – If everyone on your team is female
• Coed – If your team has at least half women but not all women (i.e. 3 men, 3 women OR 4 women, 2 men, 5 women, 1 man).
• Ultra – 2 person team-Men's, Women's, Coed
Each team must have a designated team captain. The team captain must first register and pay the entire team registration.
The team captain will then invite team members to register. Standard teams are required to have a minimum of 3 team members but may have as many as 6. Ultra teams will have 2 runners, plus a designated driver.
Click HERE for the race guide.
Pace calculator HERE
Teams must use the pace calculator and compare arrival times to the holding times document listed at the bottom of the start time document. Contact RD if there are any concerns.
• Shirts to all runners
• Finisher medals to all finishers
• After party with food and drinks
• Professional Timing
• Complimentary chiropractic adjustments, stretching and taping at exchange 7/9 & at the finish line provided by Palmer Chiropractic
• Awards ceremony
• Free Captain's Gift
• Top 3 Overall
• Top 3 men's, women's and co-ed regular teams
• Top 3 men's, women's and co-ed ultra teams
• Top male and female solo runners
• Most creative team vehicle
• Best team costumes
The start & finish lines are located at Mala Compra Beach Park: 115 Mala Compra Rd, Palm Coast, FL 32137
Leg maps and distances subject to change.
Click on exchange point links to get directions.
Bring socks to the start line! Sock drive for The Sheltering Tree. Men's crew black or white and any type women's.
What an awesome event! I've done countless relays, many Vermont city marathon relays, lake winnepesaukee relay, reach the beach.... Oceans 50 is #1 in course, organization, medals!!, directions. Just super and so much fun!! Thank you thank you.
This was my third Oceans50 and it was, for sure, a charm. Beginning with my first relay I've been telling folks this was my favorite race. When we needed two more teammates at the last minute this year I recruited the ladies by telling them this was the most fun race I run each year. They both now agree, too.
Please pass on my gratitude to all the staff and volunteers! I'm already brainstorming for next year's name and costumes because I'll be there! 😁
If any person on your team lives within Flagler County, your team will be required to provide one volunteer for the race. Sign up your volunteer online by October 26th. You also have the option to pay $50 and we'll provide a volunteer for you from our charity. If no one on your team lives in Flagler County you are exempt from providing a volunteer. Volunteers will be stationed at the start line, finish line and exchange points. Must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer (or with someone 18 years old or older). Assignments are first come first serve.
Please note! Volunteer shift times may change slightly after team start times are assigned.
Our Charity Partner: The Sheltering Tree (click for more information)
CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: If the event has to be canceled due to Covid-19, the refund timeline will goes as follows:
Canceled by Sept 1st: Full refund (minus the Runsignup fee)
Canceled after Sept 1st but before Oct 1st: 50% refund (not including the Runsignup fee)
After October 1st: No refunds, 75% of fees will be transferred to 2020 (not including Runsignup fee)
If you have to cancel for other reasons, I will work with you on a case by case basis. If the event has to be canceled due to inclement weather there will be no refunds issued (this is the norm).
Any questions? Email me and we'll sort through it. email@example.com